Miss British Isles is a Modelling Competition.
There are various qualifying competitions throughout the year and the National Final is in June 2017.
Regional events are limited to approximately 20 finalists and the Winner and 2 runners up both qualify for the National Final in June.
Prizes for the regional winner include a £1000 modelling portfolio, professional photo-shoots with 2 fashion / commercial photographers. The winner also receives their own personal modelling website worth £399.
Event & Judging at the Regional Final
The competition is a 1 day event with a judging panel made up of people in the industry. There is no text voting & no fundraising is required prior to the event. All contestants start the day on a level playing field unlike some other Pageants and competitions where finalists get bonus points for fundraising, appearances and text voting.
At the regional final there will be photographers and they will be doing photo-shoots throughout the event and you will receive FREE Images for your portfolio.
Sponsorship for the Regional Final
To take part in the regional final, you need to be sponsored as with all major competitions. If you find a sponsor then it costs you nothing to take part. We provide you with a personalised sponsor pack and information to help you find a sponsor. They pay the sponsorship fee for you as they can get publicity for their business online and in the press.
If you make it through to the National Final you do not need to be sponsored again.
The regional final sponsorship fee is £150
You can be sponsored by: - A local company (such as the company you work for, clothes shops, hairdressers, salons, gym, photographers or model agents), your theatre or dance school or anybody else you know.
Some contestants pay the sponsorship fee themselves or get family members or a family company to sponsor them.
The sponsorship fee includes the following for the finalist: -
1) Direct entry into the Regional Final.
2) Sash with your title details on.
3) Images from the event for your portfolio.
4) Opportunities for local promotion and local appearances prior to and after the event.
5) The Modelling Industry Watchdog ALBA MODEL INFO will also be sending you the ALBA ‘Model Starter Pack (Retail price £25) FREE OF CHARGE containing everything you need to know about modelling and the A-list of top UK agencies and their contact details.
You will find that virtually every top agency does not advertise for new faces so this list is incredibly useful.
ALBA MODEL INFO will also be able to give you professional advice on:-
• Choosing the right type of Modelling & Casting Agency and the best way to apply.
• Building a professional Modelling website.
• Freelance Modelling.
• Promoting yourself on Social Media.
• The best Modelling & Casting websites to network on.
The sponsorship fee includes the following for the sponsor: -
1) Advertising opportunities for your sponsor at the event and on the event website.
2) Photographic opportunities on the day for the sponsor and the contestant.
3) Facility to display promotional literature at the event.
4) Opportunities for local promotion prior to and after the event and use of the finalist for appearances.
5) Further PR and photo shoot opportunities if your contestant wins the regional final or makes the Top 3.
6) If your contestant wins the regional event or comes in the top 3 then they qualify for the National Final.
Your sponsorship follows them to the final at no extra cost and you will receive the same PR and promotional at the National final.